Secondary and post-secondary students may enroll in the Medical Assistant program. Students must meet the following program requirements:
- If currently enrolled in high school, must have a cumulative 3.0 GPA. Adult students must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Students must be 17 years old to be enrolled in the Medical Assistant program
- Complete assessment requirements as noted below:
Students accepted into the Medical Assisting program, must meet the following post-admission requirements:
- Provide documentation of all required vaccinations
- Take and pass a urine drug screen
- Complete and pass a federal criminal background check *
* Any misdemeanor or felony conviction on record may negatively impact the chances of completing the program, being placed on an externship site, applying for the Certified Medical Assistant credential and obtaining employment in a health care setting.
Please see your instructors for more information about any of these requirements or critical program information.
Placement Assessment Requirements (Download/Print Assessment Requirements)
- READING REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Reading Score: 245 - 300
- MATH REQUIREMENTS
- Accuplacer Next Generation Math (Arithmetic) Score: 236 - 300
- KEYBOARDING REQUIREMENTS
- 30 wpm
Certifications & Credentials
Davis Technical College Credentials
- Davis Technical College Certificate of Program Completion
- Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) Certification
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA)
Utah State Board of Education CTE Skill Certificate (High School Students Only)
- Medical Assistant: Anatomy and Physiology
- Medical Assistant: Clinical and Lab Procedures
- Medical Assistant: Medical Office Management
- Medical Assistant: Medical Terminology
The following academic agreements are available to students in the Medical Assistant program. In order to receive credit for course work included in these agreements, you must provide a transcript to the receiving institution.
Please be aware that some agreements require you to complete the entire program before they will transfer credit. Please contact your instructor at Davis Tech if you have questions.
This program is eligible to transfer credits towards an AAS degree to the following institutions:
- Weber State University
- Utah State University
- Southern Utah University
- Utah Valley University
- Ensign Business College
- Dixie State University
Bachelor's degree from Walden University
Master's Education, CMA from University of Phoenix
Certificate, AS from Davis Applied Technology College, Utah State University
*NOTE: Textbook and material costs are based on Davis Tech’s bookstore prices at the time of publication and are subject to change. There are no charges associated with personal data collection and processes or verification of student identity.
**High School Students: High school students are exempt from student tuition and fees. While high school students are not required to purchase textbooks, they are required to purchase personal and consumable learning resources and materials.